Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon?

+6
Ryan67
GT
niall
RK
clagan
Green2thecore
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon?

Post  clagan Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 am

i haven't had it confirmed that the badges are the reason but he's been in ireland all week on a coaching course so sounds good to me.

its all done and dusted, conference at 11 O clock. i'd head up to CP but its pishing down. the conference will be live on sky sports news
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon?

Post  niall Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:54 am

clagan wrote:i haven't had it confirmed that the badges are the reason but he's been in ireland all week on a coaching course so sounds good to me.

its all done and dusted, conference at 11 O clock. i'd head up to CP but its pishing down. the conference will be live on sky sports news

heard he was in ireland alright and he came back early
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:01 am

get sky sports news on now bhoys!
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Green2thecore Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:25 am

clagan wrote:get sky sports news on now bhoys!

I just fucking missed it mate!!!!

I've got it on now and hoping they show it again. They said on SSN that Lenny was pretty emotional. I'm dying to see it now man.
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 am

Green2thecore wrote:

I've got it on now and hoping they show it again. They said on SSN that Lenny was pretty emotional. I'm dying to see it now man.

i'll have to wait til I get home from work
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:34 am

"i wanna bring the thunder back, i want this place rocking again, i want the players playing like they're going to war"

go on ahead lenny you fucking legend.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 am

clagan wrote:"i wanna bring the thunder back, i want this place rocking again, i want the players playing like they're going to war"

excellent stuff
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Green2thecore Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:36 am

niall wrote:
Green2thecore wrote:

i'll have to wait til I get home from work

I'll post a link on here if I can get one mate
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  Green2thecore Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 am

clagan wrote:"i wanna bring the thunder back, i want this place rocking again, i want the players playing like they're going to war"

Ohhhh how inspiring man.

Sounds like MON soundbites. Fucking love you Lenny.
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:43 am

Green2thecore wrote:

Ohhhh how inspiring man.

Sounds like MON soundbites. Fucking love you Lenny.

lets all laugh at rangers, lets all laugh at rangers.............
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  ZBhoy Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:45 am

I fucking adore Lennon, just what he was saying and the way he said it, I really really want him to be brilliant for us.

On another note, how much of a cunt is Reid - To Lennon "It's all downhill from here" and cutting him off etc. Get him the fuck out of our club.
ZBhoy
ZBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Green2thecore Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:49 am

ZBhoy wrote:I fucking adore Lennon, just what he was saying and the way he said it, I really really want him to be brilliant for us.

On another note, how much of a cunt is Reid - To Lennon "It's all downhill from here" and cutting him off etc. Get him the fuck out of our club.

What do you expect from a war criminal mate?
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:51 am

Green2thecore wrote:
ZBhoy wrote:I fucking adore Lennon, just what he was saying and the way he said it, I really really want him to be brilliant for us.

What do you expect from a war criminal mate?
nothing much, he can fuck right off
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 am

he's a smug lying bastard, i find it hard to believe anything that comes from his mouth.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Green2thecore Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 am

From BBC website:

new manager Neil Lennon wants Celtic 'to go to war'

Lennon is the 17th manager in Celtic's 122-year history

Neil Lennon want to "bring the thunder back" now that he has signed a one-year contract to manage Celtic.

"I want that passion and noise from the crowd and I want my players to go to war every time they go out on the pitch," said the 38-year-old.

Lennon, who would not confirm who would join his coaching staff, said he was already searching for new talent.

"I need more men in the team," he said. "I'm looking for players with, experience and a better mentality."

Johan Mjallby, Alan Thompson and Garry Parker are expected to form Lennon's backroom team.

However, when pressed on the subject, Lennon said: "There will be no announcements until everything is in place.

"But there are no mixed messages. I will be making all of the decisions on the football side of things"

Stuart Baxter has been approached by the club to act in an advisory capacity to Lennon, while retaining his head coach position with Finland.

But all Lennon would say on Baxter was "he's a candidate, among others.

"I've said before that I might need an older head to bounce ideas off.

"It would be churlish to suggest I can do all of this by myself."

The former captain took charge of the team after Tony Mowbray's sacking in March, enjoying a 100% league record.

The only black mark against him was an embarrassing Scottish Cup semi-final defeat at the hands of First Division Ross County.

Signed by Martin O'Neill, Lennon arrived at Celtic as a hard-tackling midfielder in 2000, winning five championship titles in seven seasons.

He returned to the club in a coaching capacity in 2008 to assist then manager Gordon Strachan.

Following Strachan's exit and Mowbray's subsequent employment last summer, Lennon was kept on but was sidelined to a role with the under-19s
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  ZBhoy Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:25 am

Green2thecore wrote:

Neil Lennon want to "bring the thunder back" now that he has signed a one-year contract to manage Celtic.

"I want that passion and noise from the crowd and I want my players to go to war every time they go out on the pitch," said the 38-year-old.

Lennon, who would not confirm who would join his coaching staff, said he was already searching for new talent.

"I need more men in the team," he said. "I'm looking for players with, experience and a better mentality."

Fantastic words there from the new manager. Very Happy
ZBhoy
ZBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:27 am

ZBhoy wrote:
Green2thecore wrote:

Fantastic words there from the new manager. Very Happy

exactly what we want to hear
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:44 am

Everything that Lenny says is just magic, spoken like me or you. A true Tim and a legend of a man, there is no-one else that I want to see succeed as much as Lenny.

Go on Neil...bring it home for us, lets fuck these orange bastards and send the man with no surname out on a total low.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  dermy21 Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Tell me this is Baxter there with Lennon i haven't heard anything about him joining yet.

dermy21

Back to top Go down

Post  CE Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:30 pm

dermy21 wrote:Tell me this is Baxter there with Lennon i haven't heard anything about him joining yet.

Nah he is just a 'candidate' according to Neil, and Neil says its his decision alone!
CE
CE
Admin

https://utlr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dermy21 Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:27 pm

CE wrote:
dermy21 wrote:Tell me this is Baxter there with Lennon i haven't heard anything about him joining yet.

Nah he is just a 'candidate' according to Neil, and Neil says its his decision alone!

Well here thats good news, he will get someone in who he trusts and respects.

dermy21

Back to top Go down

Post  ElPaso Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 pm

if it is true that it will be lennons decision then i would be much happier with that.
i think its very important , like said in previous post , that lennon has someone he feels that he can trust and not a scapegoat.
ElPaso
ElPaso

Back to top Go down

Post  CE Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I don't buy it, Lennon isn't the type of guy who would seek help imo. If he were to get a Director of Football it would be because of the board imo.
CE
CE
Admin

https://utlr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:11 pm

ElPaso wrote:if it is true that it will be lennons decision then i would be much happier with that.
i think its very important , like said in previous post , that lennon has someone he feels that he can trust and not a scapegoat.

Lennon doesn't even know Baxter so there will be no initial element of trust which is vital imo. Not keen on the DoF idea at all...MON's only a phonecall away.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:02 am

Ryan67 wrote:Everything that Lenny says is just magic, spoken like me or you. A true Tim and a legend of a man, there is no-one else that I want to see succeed as much as Lenny.

Go on Neil...bring it home for us, lets fuck these orange bastards and send the man with no surname out on a total low.

again
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2