Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mohamed “Geddo” Nagy

+2
GalwayBhoy
Ghod
6 posters

Go down

Mohamed “Geddo” Nagy Empty Mohamed “Geddo” Nagy

Post  Ghod Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:24 pm

http://thedailynewsegypt.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120120&catid=1&Itemid=183

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Nagy

ALEXANDRIA: Ittihad are considering offers from Egyptian champions Ahly and Scottish giants Celtic for Mohamed “Geddo” Nagy.

The Egypt forward seems to be on his way out of Alexandria as interest in his services is increasingly growing.

"Celtic offered £600,000 to loan Geddo for next season and we are considering it," Ittihad board member Sherif Al-Helw told FilGoal.com.

"Ahly have also shown interest recently. In addition to that, Gouna also want him.

"It will be very difficult to keep Geddo next season because the offers he has match his ambitions and are too good to turn down."

Geddo has been on the shortlist of several local and foreign clubs since inspiring Egypt's 2010 African Cup of Nations triumph.

The 26-year-old, however, once said he will not play for any club in Egypt other than Ittihad.
Ghod
Ghod

Back to top Go down

Mohamed “Geddo” Nagy Empty Re: Mohamed “Geddo” Nagy

Post  GalwayBhoy Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:26 pm

A goal every 2 games for his club, 2 in every 3 for Egypt, sounds good but we need another striker as well.
GalwayBhoy
GalwayBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 pm

mmmmmmmm, no. its a huge culture shock. i'd rather Stokes. he has a proven record in the SPL.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:14 pm

If anything, it's good to see we are not just focusing on buying players from these shores.

Never heard of the guy himself but my mate told me that he had a very good ACON with Egypt.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Ryan67 wrote:If anything, it's good to see we are not just focusing on buying players from these shores.

Never heard of the guy himself but my mate told me that he had a very good ACON with Egypt.

i didn't watch much of the ACON but i cant see this happening. Mido was hite down south, Zaki did well for 15 games. i'd rather a player with a proven record. its a rebuilding season, take the safe option.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:27 am

From the Evening Times:

Ittihad board member Sherif Al-Helw revealed: “Celtic offered £600,000 to loan Gedo for next season, and we are considering it.

“Ahli have also shown interest recently. In addition to that, Gouna also want him.

“It will be very difficult to keep Gedo next season because the offers he has match his ambitions and are too good to turn down.”
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  CE Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:52 am

For that money and given his record then he is worth the punt in the hope he is a unexpected success.
CE
CE
Admin

https://utlr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:53 am

dunno about this, its a big risk, even at 600grand
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  GalwayBhoy Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 am

niall wrote:dunno about this, its a big risk, even at 600grand

Agreed. It's not the money itself that's the risk (obviously), it's the fact that we probably won't get in another striker with him, or Stokes at best.
GalwayBhoy
GalwayBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:33 pm

i'd rather someone with SPL experience. fuck risking money on someone we know nothing about when we coulld get a player who's shown his class in the SPL, Stokes.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:35 pm

clagan wrote:i'd rather someone with SPL experience. fuck risking money on someone we know nothing about when we coulld get a player who's shown his class in the SPL, Stokes.

I reckon we should take a punt on them both, we'll definitely need more than one striker.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Ryan67 wrote:
clagan wrote:i'd rather someone with SPL experience. fuck risking money on someone we know nothing about when we coulld get a player who's shown his class in the SPL, Stokes.

I reckon we should take a punt on them both, we'll definitely need more than one striker.

no doubt, but look at Mizuno. sometimes moving to Scotland is a huge culture shock and it doesn't work out. i'd rather John Daly than this fella.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:53 pm

clagan wrote:no doubt, but look at Mizuno. sometimes moving to Scotland is a huge culture shock and it doesn't work out. i'd rather John Daly than this fella.

Hahaha speaking of Mizuno, he's going back to Japan apparently. No surprise really.

I hear what yer saying Clagan in that sometimes things don't work out but other times they do and for 600k I think this is a risk worth taking.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Mizuno's away on a 6 month loan apparently. punt him ffs.

i dont know this bhoy at all but i'd rather the safe option. he could turn out well but i doubt it. any half decent SPL striker woud score alot of goals at Celtic just like skippy.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:53 am

take stokes instead
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:47 am

Ittihad chairman Mohammed Moselhi confirmed the attacking mid-fielder and four other players would now be starrung for Al-Alhy next season adding : " We have worked out details of the deal and 'Gedo' will be staying in Egypt.

" Celtic had offered £600,000 for a loan deal to see if he could settle in Scotland but that will not happen now."

Aww well, no lose any sleep over it...
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:20 am

Ryan67 wrote:Ittihad chairman Mohammed Moselhi confirmed the attacking mid-fielder and four other players would now be starrung for Al-Alhy next season adding : " We have worked out details of the deal and 'Gedo' will be staying in Egypt.

" Celtic had offered £600,000 for a loan deal to see if he could settle in Scotland but that will not happen now."

Aww well, no lose any sleep over it...

nah, nor will I
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum