Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bratbakk back's Pedersen bid.

+2
clagan
Green2thecore
6 posters

Go down

Bratbakk back's Pedersen bid. Empty Bratbakk back's Pedersen bid.

Post  Green2thecore Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Here is an article from the Hun with Harry Brattback urging us to sign his fellow Norwegian, Marcus Pedersen. I get the feeling this lad could be a star in the making. Personally I don't think he is just potential either, at 20 he is surely ready to step up to the plate. He may not be ready for 50 games a season but he would be a great option to have. Looking at his You Tube footage he does appear to have that bit of technique that seperates the great players from the good.

HARALD BRATTBAKK was the accountant who helped Celtic rob Rangers of ten in a row.

Now the former Hoops hero reckons it will be money well spent bringing Marcus Pedersen to Parkhead.

Thirteen years after Brattbakk signed from Rosenborg, Celtic are weighing up a £2million swoop for Norwegian superkid Pedersen. That's music to Brattbakk's ears.

While most will judge his time in Scottish football as a disaster, the former bean-counter has nothing but fond memories.

His killer second goal against St Johnstone on the final day of the 1997/98 season stopped Gers clinching ten in a row.

Now Brattbakk wants to see Pedersen snub a string of Premier League clubs and become a legend at his old club.

He told SunSport: "Any player who has the chance to join Celtic should grab it with both hands. It's a huge opportunity and something you really can't say no to.

"I know how big it is. I know how honoured I was to play for the club. If he gets the offer to go to Celtic it shouldn't be a hard decision.

"Personally I would always tell him to sign for Celtic.

"When I was there I had the best time of my career. To be part of that period was amazing for us and it's something I'll never forget.

"He'd fit really well into the Scottish style. If you give him a chance in front of goal he'll usually take it.

"He gets himself in those chances all the time. You're never guaranteed to score but Marcus will definitely make life hard for defenders.

"From what I've seen he's a player who plays with his heart on his shirt. That's what the Celtic fans love and expect."

Pedersen turns 20 today and a switch to Celtic at such a tender age would need broad shoulders and a spirit as strong as steel.

Yet Brattbakk is convinced his countryman has the ability to cope with expectation.

He claimed: "It's difficult to say when the time is right to join a bigger club.

"There are big expectations when you move to a big club.

"He's a young player but he's got the talent.

"He is strong physically and is really quick and still has a lot to learn. What player doesn't have things to learn though? You never stop learning new things until you stop playing.

"Considering how young he is, he has had some tremendous games.

"There have been times he's been rested because of his age but that's natural as well.

"I don't think there's such a thing as waiting until you are old enough to go to a higher level.

"That shouldn't be a consideration if you have the talent and Marcus definitely has the talent.

"I'm just happy that Celtic are considering Norwegian players. It shows we have talent."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3005788/Ex-Celtic-player-Brattbakk-recommends-move-to-Marcus-Pedersen.html#ixzz0qKM9NIhY
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Bratbakk back's Pedersen bid. Empty Re: Bratbakk back's Pedersen bid.

Post  Green2thecore Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:06 am

lets hope he's more Larsson than Brattbakk.

people are raving about him and he seems like one for the future so sign him up but lets make sure we get an experienced CF too.

if we're prepared to spend decent money on Norwegians why cant we start splashing even less money on young SPL players? fletcher, McFadden, McCormack, mcCarthy.........
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:40 am

all reports on this guy seem good, and we need a striker so get him in
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  dermy21 Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Sign the wee man up looks the part!

dermy21

Back to top Go down

Post  CE Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Canny mind the last time we had a none on loan striker who scored plenty...Scott who?
CE
CE
Admin

https://utlr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:05 am

CE wrote:Canny mind the last time we had a none on loan striker who scored plenty...Scott who?

apart from keane when the last time we had a strike who scored loads?
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:38 am

skippy and big Jan got 51 between them during the 3 in a row season.

we used to have a steady stream of 30 goal a season strikers from big Pierre, Cadete and Henke. then BBJ and sutton chipping in with 20.

as a club we've been blessed throughout our history with amazing strikers.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:42 am

clagan wrote:skippy and big Jan got 51 between them during the 3 in a row season.

we used to have a steady stream of 30 goal a season strikers from big Pierre, Cadete and Henke. then BBJ and sutton chipping in with 20.

as a club we've been blessed throughout our history with amazing strikers.

not in the last couple of years mate. A goal in each of our last 2 games a couple of seasons back would have won us the league and we'd be looking at a whole different scenario now
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:05 am

those last 2 games were torture Niall. we were awful and i sort of felt it coming, especially at easter rd.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 am

clagan wrote:those last 2 games were torture Niall. we were awful and i sort of felt it coming, especially at easter rd.

i know, after the first half i just went out on my bike
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 am

niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:19 am

its great to see even shite ex players have a love for the club. if the hypes true, this could be the best thing harry did for the club apart from that St Johnstone goal.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:33 am

clagan wrote:its great to see even shite ex players have a love for the club. if the hypes true, this could be the best thing harry did for the club apart from that St Johnstone goal.

will never forget THAT goal
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:48 am

aye Niall the sense of relief when that went in was unreal, 9 years of hurt forgotten about in a second.

i was talking to G2TC about harry last night, what a frustrating player. looked clinical one minute, an amateur the next.

there was a game at Paradise against Hunfirmline and i think he got 5, gaytothecore thinks 4, and he genuinely should have had 10, no exaggeration.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum