Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neil Lennon - Celtic Footbal Club to the Core!

4 posters

Go down

Neil Lennon - Celtic Footbal Club to the Core! Empty Neil Lennon - Celtic Footbal Club to the Core!

Post  CE Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Here is the interview of him after getting the job.

Part 1.

Part 2.

Neil, Neil Lennon!
CE
CE
Admin

https://utlr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Neil Lennon - Celtic Footbal Club to the Core! Empty Re: Neil Lennon - Celtic Footbal Club to the Core!

Post  ElPaso Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:46 pm

He has walked the walk and has talked the talk as we have seen before.
Cant wait to see him do it all over again. This time with an extra stride in his step and more venum in his tongue.

Hail Hail
ElPaso
ElPaso

Back to top Go down

Neil Lennon - Celtic Footbal Club to the Core! Empty Re: Neil Lennon - Celtic Footbal Club to the Core!

Post  CE Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:48 pm

One massive signing and the place will be rocking from pre-season never mind the first league game!
CE
CE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElPaso Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:50 pm

I really hope he can get Keane to sign. It sounds like we will be able to pay his wages which was my concern any road.
talk about waiting with baited breath. fuckin bring back the thunder is right!
ElPaso
ElPaso

Back to top Go down

Post  CE Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:52 pm

The way he mentioned Keane has made me think its going to happen, doubt Spurs want him now their in the CL and got there without him. And haven't heard much about him going elsewhere.

Cool
CE
CE
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElPaso Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:56 pm

CE wrote:The way he mentioned Keane has made me think its going to happen, doubt Spurs want him now their in the CL and got there without him. And haven't heard much about him going elsewhere.

Cool

can you imagine the price keane would be to finish top scorer in the spl? haha..
it would be lump-on time. Twisted Evil
ElPaso
ElPaso

Back to top Go down

Post  ElPaso Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 pm

ElPaso
ElPaso

Back to top Go down

Post  ElPaso Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:05 pm

NEIL Lennon last night admitted he could understand why Celtic had offered him only a one-year contract to finally take over as manager.

The 38-year-old will have only 12 months to prove himself in the job – which essentially amounts to one crack at winning the Clydesdale Bank Premier League – before his deal ends next summer. But Lennon’s determination to land the Celtic position, and his belief in his own ability to make a success of it, meant he was prepared to commit to just a single-year contract.

Negotiations inevitably will open with a view to a much longer agreement if Lennon proves to be an effective successor to Tony Mowbray.

“It’s a straight one year and it’ll be open for renegotiation,” said Lennon. “Hopefully I can go on to get a longer deal but I can understand it [the club’s offer]. I’m a rookie and the club
had to get this decision right.

“It’s down to me. I’m pretty confident I can do it. I’m ready for it and if things go well, hopefully I’ll be here a bit longer.”

Confusingly, Dr John Reid, the Celtic chairman, had described the deal as a “rolling” contract similar to those Martin O’Neill and Gordon Strachan were on, but Lennon’s will count down to an end in a year.

Lennon made an impressive start to life as Celtic’s permanent manager with an assured performance in front of the media when he was finally confirmed in the job at Parkhead yesterday. He will continue to work on various incoming transfer deals with a view to getting “a few in before July 1 and then a few more before we go to pre-season training in America”.

Among those he wants are Craig Bellamy from Manchester City and Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov, whose City contract has expired, as well as the veteran defender Sol Campbell and £2m-rated Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper.

“He’s a player I know very well and he’s a player I admire,” said Lennon of Bellamy, whose £90,000-a-week salary is likely to be prohibitive.

“He’s in the stratosphere as far as wages are concerned. Again it would be great to have him here but whether he’d want to come and whether we could do the deal . . . it’s a long way off.”

On Campbell, he said: “We have a definite interest and he’s shown interest as well. There’s still a bit of work on that. He fits the bill.”

Lennon said he intended to speak again with Robbie Keane, who made a dramatic impact on loan before returning to Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the season, but admitted the Irishman “would take a lot of convincing” to return. “He never really gave any indication to me that he would be back.”

The new manager repeated Mowbray’s mantra about selling Aiden McGeady. Celtic last week rejected an £8.3m bid from Spartak Moscow.

“The figure that’s been bandied about isn’t enough. It would have to be a ridiculous amount of money, or what we believe to be the right amount of money, to accept a deal from anybody.”

One bookmaker yesterday issued odds of 10/1 on Lennon winning the treble next season . . . and 9/2 on him being ordered to the stand during an Old Firm game.

9/2? good value there
Very Happy
ElPaso
ElPaso

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:00 pm

if keane and petrov sign i'd consider putting a grand on is winning by 20 pints.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:04 am

Lennon is a celtic legend, dont believe what the naysayers have been spouting. This will only reinforce his legendary status at our club
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down