Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lenny wants to "bring the thunder back"

Go down

Lenny wants to "bring the thunder back" Empty Lenny wants to "bring the thunder back"

Post  Ryan67 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Lenny wants to "bring the thunder back" 2rnvi9z

Celtic fan’s favourite, Neil Lennon, was finally confirmed as our new manager today and he immediately vowed to “bring the thunder back” to Parkhead as we look to bring the league title home to Paradise. Next season will certainly not be as devoid of passion as the last with Lenny at the helm.

The long wait for the confirmation of Tony Mowbray’s successor has ended and Celtic chairman, John Reid, said “The best man for this job is Neil Lennon. That’s why he’s got it”. There has been criticism over the time it has taken to fill the managerial vacancy at Parkhead but we now have our man and we, the Celtic supporters, must give Neil Lennon our complete backing if we are to wrestle the title back from our bitter rivals from across the City. The Celtic Board must also back Lennon with sufficient transfer funds if he is to be successful here as it is agreed amongst us Tim’s that this current squad is in dire need of a complete overhaul...an overhaul which arguably should have taken place last summer. Reid and his fellow board members will be hoping that they have employed the right man for the job as they are surely now in the last chance saloon; patience has worn thin over the past few years amongst our support, based on a lack of investment in the team.

As of yet, no members of Lennon’s coaching staff have been confirmed however it is expected that former Celtic team-mates, Johan Mjällby and Alan Thompson will join the club along with Garry Parker who played with Lennon at Leicester City under Martin O’Neill and we are obviously hoping that O’Neill has had a massive influence on Lennon as a manager. If Lennon turns out half as successful as “Saint Martin” then I am sure that I speak for the Celtic support in that we will all be delighted. The “Mentor” role is also something that has been subject to speculation but nothing has been confirmed yet and Lennon said that Stuart Baxter was "a candidate, amongst others".

Lennon rounded off this “wonderful day” by saying; "To know that I would be in charge of the football club was a very special moment for me personally,"

"And I'm very proud to be walking in the footsteps of the likes of Jock Stein, Davie Hay, Tommy Burns, Martin O'Neill and others.

"But I'm ready for the challenge. I don't think anyone knows the club better than myself.

This latest step in Neil’s career will see him take on one of his toughest challenges yet but I am confident he will be successful just as he was when he overcame the sectarian bigots and when he overcame his personal mental health problems. And most fondly of all, when he won trophy after trophy with his beloved bhoyhood heroes. We wish him all the best in his new role as manager of our esteemed club, Hail Hail!
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down