The Ones Who Got Away.......

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:38 am

Stephane Chapuisat (spelling) and alexander Frei. he was gonna sign then got injured, badly, i think.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  niall on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:39 am

clagan wrote:Stephane Chapuisat (spelling) and alexander Frei. he was gonna sign then got injured, badly, i think.

frei would have been good, never rated that other lad though
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  Ryan67 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:45 am

Lol we were linked with Frei every summer for a while. Injury prone but he would have scored goals if kept fit.

I remember us being linked with Patrick Kluivert after he left Barca as well, he was past his best and in hindsight he never set the heather alight when he went to Newcastle but I was excited about it at the time.
avatar
Ryan67

Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Bo'ness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  niall on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Ryan67 wrote:Lol we were linked with Frei every summer for a while. Injury prone but he would have scored goals if kept fit.

I remember us being linked with Patrick Kluivert after he left Barca as well, he was past his best and in hindsight he never set the heather alight when he went to Newcastle but I was excited about it at the time.

dont remember that at all
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:10 am

i remember the Kluivert one, glad we didn't sign him, i always thought he was a bell end.

would have liked to have got Ivan De La Pena back in the day.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  niall on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:39 am

clagan wrote:i remember the Kluivert one, glad we didn't sign him, i always thought he was a bell end.

would have liked to have got Ivan De La Pena back in the day.

he'd have been good alright. Didnt he come on trial at one time
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:00 am

i think he did mate but i'm not 100% sure
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  Ryan67 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Aye De La Pena was on trial before he went to Espanyol. The guy's a class act.

We also had Brad Friedel on trial back in the day.

We were close to signing a certain Fernando Torres years ago as well when he was still a young bhoy. His parents had to have agreed to work in Scotland for it to have happened though and I think they were against it.
avatar
Ryan67

Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Bo'ness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:06 pm

WTF!? Torres? never heard that one.

i think we looked at Danny Wilson too, that was a bad one to miss out on.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  Ryan67 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:12 pm

GORDON STRACHAN is scouring Europe for a target man - so the Celtic boss will be stunned to discover that the club was once offered pounds 40m-rated Spanish goal machine Fernando Torres for FREE...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20060806/ai_n16665389/
avatar
Ryan67

Posts : 163
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Bo'ness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:21 pm

fuck me Ryan thats the ultimate one that got away. he's the best in the world, isn't he an atletico fan though?

we've signed a few young european players but it hasn't worked, those icelandic bhoys, Misun etc, the lack of talent coming through is a big worry. McGeady or Mick must have been the last youth team players that made it.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  niall on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:27 am

clagan wrote:fuck me Ryan thats the ultimate one that got away. he's the best in the world, isn't he an atletico fan though?

we've signed a few young european players but it hasn't worked, those icelandic bhoys, Misun etc, the lack of talent coming through is a big worry. McGeady or Mick must have been the last youth team players that made it.

deary me, imagine we had got him.
O'Dea?
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 am

O'Dea's murder at times, he's another i always think is gonna turn the corner and start playing well. after Pittodrie i thought we'd never see him in the hoops again he was that bad but tbf he got a bit of form back under Lenny.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  niall on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:08 am

clagan wrote:O'Dea's murder at times, he's another i always think is gonna turn the corner and start playing well. after Pittodrie i thought we'd never see him in the hoops again he was that bad but tbf he got a bit of form back under Lenny.

he came thorugh the youth system though didnt he. I hope he continues his form under lenny, he could be a player
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:29 am

aye he's a youth team player Niall but not a regular, when everyones fit, and hopefully he never will be. the last youth team player that has made it was McGeady imo, before that it was Mick, Maloney and JFK.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  niall on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:47 am

clagan wrote:aye he's a youth team player Niall but not a regular, when everyones fit, and hopefully he never will be. the last youth team player that has made it was McGeady imo, before that it was Mick, Maloney and JFK.

surely there must be someone in tthere who will make the breakthrough soon. Forrest maybe?
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:47 am

no idea about Forrest, we've had better forwards who didn't make it. we're a feeder club for the SPL and league 1. loads of average players, i thought we'd have a steady stream of players these days with all the money invested in youth
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  clagan on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:16 am

anyone remember Marcio Amoroso? brazillian who played for Dortmund and Udinese, we had him on trial under MON.
avatar
clagan

Posts : 606
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Maryhill, looking stabbed?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  niall on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:40 am

clagan wrote:anyone remember Marcio Amoroso? brazillian who played for Dortmund and Udinese, we had him on trial under MON.

aye, damn good player would have been ace for us
avatar
niall

Posts : 369
Join date : 2010-06-08
Location : Republican South Manchester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Ones Who Got Away.......

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum