Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon?

+6
Ryan67
GT
niall
RK
clagan
Green2thecore
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon? Empty Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon?

Post  Green2thecore Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 am

I'm not really. I am still living in the past and think we should be after a MON or Hiddink but I suppose in today's financial climate, Lennon is about the best we will get.

But in no way can I see any merit in appointing Stewart Baxter. What does he know about the SPL, in fact I'd imagine Lenny will have to explain to him one or two things about our game. I'd have taken Davie Hay and that in itself shows you how far the Celtic fans expectations have slipped.

It may turn out fine but I bet you that wiley old fox, Wattie, is sitting licking his lips and salviating at the thought of 3 in a row.

Oh and CE is a wanker.
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon? Empty Re: Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon?

Post  clagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:58 am

not Baxter but i like the idea of an old hand for Lenny to get advice off. its a huge job for him and someone who's been there and done it would be a big help for him.

W McStay, McNeill or Haye though
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon? Empty Re: Are we happy with Baxter and Lennon?

Post  RK Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:04 am

Not pleased at all with this Baxter guy.

I’m more fucked off that Lawwell said it would be ‘worth the wait’

WTF expectations does he think we have if he considers this Baxter clown as some kind of messiah figure.
RK
RK

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:07 am

tbf RK he's got a decent enough record, i'd just rather have a celtic man or this big name thats always mentioned
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:26 am

more than happy with lennon but know fuck all about baxter
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:35 am

Baxters done well Niall, under the radar for most people.

i think alots being made of the role. its a part time position, he's not going to start interferring in team selections, its an advisory role and i think it'll help Lenny big time. time will tell though.

the only problem i'd have with it is if the roles so minimal why couldn't Lenny just phone MON and ask him questions?
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Green2thecore Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 am

clagan wrote:Baxters done well Niall, under the radar for most people.

i think alots being made of the role. its a part time position, he's not going to start interferring in team selections, its an advisory role and i think it'll help Lenny big time. time will tell though.

the only problem i'd have with it is if the roles so minimal why couldn't Lenny just phone MON and ask him questions?

This is it mate. I think MON will advise him on everything, well I hope so anyway. Who better to have on the end of the phone. I'd imagine Lennon's managerial style will be very much influenced by MON, just like The Messiah, himself, was influenced by Brian Clough.
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:49 am

after playing under MON for 8/9? years i'd say Lennys style is going to be mch like St Martins.

you could see him on the touch line giving his all and wishing he was on the park. the team still leaves alot to be desired but even with what we have we'll win the league, a few good signings and we'll win by 20 points. the filth are an absolute shambles.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:55 am

clagan wrote:after playing under MON for 8/9? years i'd say Lennys style is going to be mch like St Martins.

you could see him on the touch line giving his all and wishing he was on the park. the team still leaves alot to be desired but even with what we have we'll win the league, a few good signings and we'll win by 20 points. the filth are an absolute shambles.

aye, i hope youre right mate - depends on which positions he makes signings in though
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:01 am

if we got Campbell and or Ramis at CB, and a quality CF we're sorted. all the paper talks about midfielders, as much as i'd love to see the back of Brown, he'll be here next season. add to that N'guemo, Ki and Crosas in CM so if we buy we'll need to sell too.

Bullards off to West Ham, Ledley will go to the EPL. the only MF that we've been linked with that will sign is Lawrence imo.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:05 am

clagan wrote:if we got Campbell and or Ramis at CB, and a quality CF we're sorted. all the paper talks about midfielders, as much as i'd love to see the back of Brown, he'll be here next season. add to that N'guemo, Ki and Crosas in CM so if we buy we'll need to sell too.

Bullards off to West Ham, Ledley will go to the EPL. the only MF that we've been linked with that will sign is Lawrence imo.

not fussed on bullard, ledley would have been a good signing i reckon though
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Green2thecore Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:16 am

niall wrote:
clagan wrote:if we got Campbell and or Ramis at CB, and a quality CF we're sorted. all the paper talks about midfielders, as much as i'd love to see the back of Brown, he'll be here next season. add to that N'guemo, Ki and Crosas in CM so if we buy we'll need to sell too.

Bullard is a great talent but he would probably spend most of the time on the treatment table and we cannot afford any passengers next season.

I'd love to see Ledely though. He would be a fantastic signing and I feel he could be an absolute star for us. We have been linked with him since January, so I'm still hoeful of this one.

I'd keep Brown though lads, I know you all disagree but I feel that he would thrive under Lenny stewardship.

And for a CF, we need a blue chip signing. The Bellamy rumour won't go away. I'd love to see him back.
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:17 am

Green2thecore wrote:
niall wrote:

Bullard is a great talent but he would probably spend most of the time on the treatment table and we cannot afford any passengers next season.

I'd love to see Ledely though. He would be a fantastic signing and I feel he could be an absolute star for us. We have been linked with him since January, so I'm still hoeful of this one.

I'd keep Brown though lads, I know you all disagree but I feel that he would thrive under Lenny stewardship.

And for a CF, we need a blue chip signing. The Bellamy rumour won't go away. I'd love to see him back.

i agree about brown, think he'll be a different player completely under lenny. Bellamy Id welcome back with open arms
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 am

Surely CE's gonnae ban anyone who likes brown?

his only hope is at DM or if we play a MF 3. n'guemos a better DM than broooon and Ki doesn't fit into a 4-4-2 so i think 4-3-3 might be the way to go next season.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  GT Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 am

I would have preferred it to have been a big name foreigner with lots of european experience, but it's Lenny and I'm right behind him and I'm sure he'll do a great job.

I fail to see what Baxter brings to the table.

And why did it take so bloody long!!?

GT

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:28 am

GT wrote:I would have preferred it to have been a big name foreigner with lots of european experience, but it's Lenny and I'm right behind him and I'm sure he'll do a great job.

I fail to see what Baxter brings to the table.

And why did it take so bloody long!!?

remains to be seen pal, but there must have been a reason
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:42 am

i think it took so long as we were waiting on Lenny to get his coaching badges, which he gets on the 11th.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 am

Lennon to b confirmed tomorrow according to BBC with Parker, Thommo and Johan to be part of the coaching team. Baxter is also expected to be confirmed as DoF whilst retaining his position with Finland.

I'm happy with Lennon but am totally underwhelmed by this Baxter character.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  ElPaso Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:47 am

What the fucks this baxter cunt all about? thats suspect to me. i happily be proved wrong but surely there was better candidates than that. scratch

Im hoping as much as everyone that Lennon can install his own spirit into his players and this will show on the pitch.

Im confident that things will improve , just how much i dont know.

mon lenny , ya daisy ye. flower
ElPaso
ElPaso

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:52 am

its just the board covering themselves El Paso, if things didn't work out with Lenny they'd get slaughtered for appointing a rookie.

Baxters got a decent record and been doing well with finland, he's not a big name signing but i think he'll do well. as i said earlier his role will be pretty minimal, its insurance.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  ZBhoy Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:08 am

Baxter doesn't inspire me at all to be honest. I just don't see where he fits in or what his role will be.

As mentioned, he's pretty much there to cover the board in case Lenny doe not do well and it's blamed on 'lack of experience'.
ZBhoy
ZBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  CE Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:38 pm

With Lennon, Celtic is back. No more pish about who or what they will do to please certain types of people. Lennon will do it for Celtic.
CE
CE
Admin

https://utlr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:33 am

CE wrote:With Lennon, Celtic is back. No more pish about who or what they will do to please certain types of people. Lennon will do it for Celtic.

exavtly, ive full confidence in him
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:12 am

the club were waiting on Lenny to get the coaching badges he needed Niall, or so i'm told.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:25 am

clagan wrote:the club were waiting on Lenny to get the coaching badges he needed Niall, or so i'm told.

have heard this a few times. How accurate is it? Apparently there is a press conference due at 11am today
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next