Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lenny slams 'abysmal decisions'

5 posters

Go down

Lenny slams 'abysmal decisions' Empty Lenny slams 'abysmal decisions'

Post  Ryan67 Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:21 am

Neil Lennon want his Celtic players to question referees after restating his belief that they were hard done by in Old Firm games last season.

The 38-year-old, who was installed as the club's new manager last week, said some of the decisions were "abysmal".

"In the high-profile games, the Rangers games in particular. The club were justified in making a point about it," added Lennon.

"I want to see them (the players)sticking up for each other."

Rangers secured their second successive Scottish Premier League title last season, with Celtic parting company with manager Tony Mowbray before the end of the campaign.

Lennon, who steered the club to eight consecutive league wins before landing the job, believes Celtic failed to get the rub of the green at crucial times.

Marc-Antoine Fortune had a goal chalked off in the Old Firm derby draw in January, and Celtic were unhappy with a number of decisions in both of their derby defeats at Ibrox.

Midfielder Scott Brown was sent off after a clash with Kyle Lafferty in February and the visitors were unsuccessful with a couple of penalty claims in the October meeting.

Celtic were also unsuccessful with an appeal against Brown's dismissal.

"I think some of the decisions we had last season were abysmal," said Celtic.

On his desire to see his players question decisions and support each other on the pitch, said: "I did it myself as a player, not to influence the ref but to let him know we weren't happy.

"Any challenges that were a wee bit heavy, there were two or three of us around the player who did it.

"There was a togetherness and I want to see that again. I want to see them sticking up for each other.

"They did that in the last few games. That's what teams are about - looking after each other on the pitch and having a good spirit off it."

The Celtic manager added: "It's important; it's a basic thing in the game and it's difficult because in the modern game you've got all these different coaches. But we'll try to develop the players and make sure there's an affinity with the club."

Well said Lenny, I want to see the players standing up for each other as well and to see our manager standing up to the huns and the refs unlike that spineless cunt Mowbray.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Lenny slams 'abysmal decisions' Empty Re: Lenny slams 'abysmal decisions'

Post  Ghod Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:35 am

It will be refreshing to see a bit of fight and solidarity, an example that sticks in my mind is wehn Lafferty assaulted Hinkel at Parkhead, not one player stood up for him when he was lying on the ground writhing in pain. Mowbrays reaction was to put his hands behind his head and flinch like a pussy instead of going mad, none of that next season. Want to see the players smashing into huns left right and centre, win the battle then we play football.

Its also great to see someone speaking out against the corruption, instead of suffering in silence.

Fuck the SFA.

Last edited by Ghod on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Ghod
Ghod

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:36 am

he's just one of us in the dugout and 5 years ago he was one of us on the pitch, love him, he still got knocked back my mrs though! round ye ginge!

remember levein after Utd got raped by the officials at the Tampax arena? i expect Lenny to be that and then some more.

fuck the SFA
fuck the SFA
fuck the SFA................
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:07 am

good man neilly, you give it to the man. Never lie down to DOBs
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:48 am

Ghod wrote:It will be refreshing to see a bit of fight and solidarity, an example that sticks in my mind is wehn Lafferty assaulted Hinkel at Parkhead, not one player stood up for him when he was lying on the ground writhing in pain. Mowbrays reaction was to put his hands behind his head and flinch like a pussy instead of going mad, none of that next season. Want to see the players smashing into huns left right and centre, win the battle then we play football.

Its also great to see someone speaking out against the corruption, instead of suffering in silence.

Fuck the SFA.

That's the example that came to my mind as well when I think of us being way too soft, Mowbray's reaction was embarassing.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Ryan67 wrote:
Ghod wrote:It will be refreshing to see a bit of fight and solidarity, an example that sticks in my mind is wehn Lafferty assaulted Hinkel at Parkhead, not one player stood up for him when he was lying on the ground writhing in pain. Mowbrays reaction was to put his hands behind his head and flinch like a pussy instead of going mad, none of that next season. Want to see the players smashing into huns left right and centre, win the battle then we play football.

Fuck the SFA.

That's the example that came to my mind as well when I think of us being way too soft, Mowbray's reaction was embarassing.

i remember thinking that at the time
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  ElPaso Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:55 pm

at least now with lenny , we can expect the fire in the bellies.
110% commitment is the minimum expected at paradise.
get into them.
ElPaso
ElPaso

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:34 am

ElPaso wrote:at least now with lenny , we can expect the fire in the bellies.
110% commitment is the minimum expected at paradise.
get into them.

and he'll lead by example unlike the previous encumbent
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:52 am

mowbray was a joke on the touchline, no passion at all. the opposite of what he was as a player. i loved watching Lenny on the touchline against the filth, didn't stand still for a second.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:05 am

clagan wrote:mowbray was a joke on the touchline, no passion at all. the opposite of what he was as a player. i loved watching Lenny on the touchline against the filth, didn't stand still for a second.

aye he was brilliant, and that was a so called meaningless friendly (copyright b67)
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:17 am

aye you cant beat those meaningless derby games. didn't feel meaningless when i was going ape shit at the game with 50,000 other tims.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:20 am

clagan wrote:aye you cant beat those meaningless derby games. didn't feel meaningless when i was going ape shit at the game with 50,000 other tims.

wouldnt have though so
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 am

Hahaha that is what started that big argument on there last time about 'fans' and 'supporters' etc, if you think that a derby game against those fuckers is 'meaningless' then you're not quite all there imo, no the full shilling. Faced with the fuckers spouting their vile each day and you'll no be calling it 'meaningless'. If you honestly think that any game against them doesn't mean anything then I don't think you really understand what being a Tim is all about.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:16 am

Ryan67 wrote:Hahaha that is what started that big argument on there last time about 'fans' and 'supporters' etc, if you think that a derby game against those fuckers is 'meaningless' then you're not quite all there imo, no the full shilling. Faced with the fuckers spouting their vile each day and you'll no be calling it 'meaningless'. If you honestly think that any game against them doesn't mean anything then I don't think you really understand what being a Tim is all about.

well said.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:31 am

Ryan67 wrote:Hahaha that is what started that big argument on there last time about 'fans' and 'supporters' etc, if you think that a derby game against those fuckers is 'meaningless' then you're not quite all there imo, no the full shilling. Faced with the fuckers spouting their vile each day and you'll no be calling it 'meaningless'. If you honestly think that any game against them doesn't mean anything then I don't think you really understand what being a Tim is all about.

fully agree mate
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down