Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strikers for next season

+3
Ghod
Ryan67
clagan
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strikers for next season Empty Strikers for next season

Post  clagan Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:08 am

anyone else worried?

i can think we can forget about Keane and Bellamy and the other strikers we've been linked with are Murphy and Hooper. Samaras is away, MAF isn't consistent enough and i'm not sure if Rassmussens is a 25 goal a season striker. he has the makings of a cult hero but maybe not a great player.

any realistsic suggestions?
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Strikers for next season Empty Re: Strikers for next season

Post  Ryan67 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:15 am

Well we've been linked with Ilan (again). He's just been released from West Ham and we were linked with him before he went there, don't want him though as his scoring record ain't that great and I'm sick of us buying strikers who don't score often enough.

I was wanting a Bellamy or a Keane but as you said that looks doubtful so I would go for Stokes now as he will definitely get us goals.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:27 am

i'd love us to sign stokes, he'd get 30 a season no problem. he has a proven SPL record too so its alot less of a gamble than Hooper or Ilan, who's shite as you say Ryan.

where do they get these names, who's next Mido?
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 am

clagan wrote:i'd love us to sign stokes, he'd get 30 a season no problem. he has a proven SPL record too so its alot less of a gamble than Hooper or Ilan, who's shite as you say Ryan.

where do they get these names, who's next Mido?

Haha fuck knows mate, it's probably pish anyway. There was no quotes and the media know fuck all about our club so it's pish.

If Samantha goes as expected then we will only be left with two recognised strikers in Rasmussen and MAF. One of which couldnae score in a barrell of fannies and the other of who we havn't really saw much of yet. Sheridan and McGowan are there top but I don't really expect much from them. We really need to bring in two or more strikers.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghod Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 am

kerrydalestreet:Hearing stories that the Gary Hooper to transfer is close to a done deal
22 minutes ago via TweetDeck

We've been linked with this guy for ages
Ghod
Ghod

Back to top Go down

Post  GalwayBhoy Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:44 am

Interesting. We need two strikers this summer tbh.
GalwayBhoy
GalwayBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:09 am

hooper got a few last season and seems a decent finisher. not gonna excite the fans too much but he'd get plenty of goals. i'd fancy myself to get a good few playing up top for Celtic.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:12 am

hooper will be a decent signing. Hopefully stokes as well as that seems to be the market we're looking at
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:41 am

niall wrote:hooper will be a decent signing. Hopefully stokes as well as that seems to be the market we're looking at

we're shopping in the bargain basement these days unfortunately. as i said me or you would score plenty playing for celtic and Hooper can finish so he wouldn't be the worst signing in the world. Larsson, Sutton and BBJ seems like donkey's years ago.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:38 pm

clagan wrote:
niall wrote:hooper will be a decent signing. Hopefully stokes as well as that seems to be the market we're looking at

we're shopping in the bargain basement these days unfortunately. as i said me or you would score plenty playing for celtic and Hooper can finish so he wouldn't be the worst signing in the world. Larsson, Sutton and BBJ seems like donkey's years ago.

even JVoH and skippy
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:02 pm

i could never really take to skippy but aye, a 50 goal a season partnership is exactly what we need up front.

i wonder if even Lenny knows what formation he's going to play next season?
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:45 am

clagan wrote:i could never really take to skippy but aye, a 50 goal a season partnership is exactly what we need up front.

i wonder if even Lenny knows what formation he's going to play next season?

id say he has an idea, its just a matter of whether he gets the players he needs or not
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 am

i get the feeling it'll be 4-4-2 but with the players we have atm its crying out for a flexible 4-3-3.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

clagan wrote:i get the feeling it'll be 4-4-2 but with the players we have atm its crying out for a flexible 4-3-3.

i wouldnt mind a 4-3-3, it seems to be the way forward
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  CE Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Fortune and Samaras should both leave, its our most important area along side defence.
CE
CE
Admin

https://utlr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 pm

CE wrote:Fortune and Samaras should both leave, its our most important area along side defence.

i"d love to see it but MAF will be here next season unless we take a big loss on him.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:46 am

clagan wrote:
CE wrote:Fortune and Samaras should both leave, its our most important area along side defence.

i"d love to see it but MAF will be here next season unless we take a big loss on him.

i hope that with an injury free run we may see the best of MAF
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:21 am

i thought MAF had a good wee run of form after xmas/new year. he's got ability but is far too inconsistent. i'd be interested to see how him and Rassmussen play together.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:35 am

clagan wrote:i thought MAF had a good wee run of form after xmas/new year. he's got ability but is far too inconsistent. i'd be interested to see how him and Rassmussen play together.

not sure that would work
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:53 am

niall wrote:
clagan wrote:i thought MAF had a good wee run of form after xmas/new year. he's got ability but is far too inconsistent. i'd be interested to see how him and Rassmussen play together.

not sure that would work

Rassmussen as the out and out CF and MAF out on the wings as usual. its the only was we can fit Fortune in the team really. he obviously doesn't have the discipline to stay in the box.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 am

clagan wrote:
niall wrote:

not sure that would work

Rassmussen as the out and out CF and MAF out on the wings as usual. its the only was we can fit Fortune in the team really. he obviously doesn't have the discipline to stay in the box.

he gets paid enough money to stay in the bloody box
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:03 am

Not much of a fan of MAF at all tbh. There was a wee spell when he was doing quite well for us but even then he was still missing easy chances aww the time, even though he was scoring belters like the ones against St. Johnstone and Motherwell. He'll still be here though I reckon so that means that we must sign a proven goalscorer. What a waste of money he was...
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:47 am

Ryan67 wrote:Not much of a fan of MAF at all tbh. There was a wee spell when he was doing quite well for us but even then he was still missing easy chances aww the time, even though he was scoring belters like the ones against St. Johnstone and Motherwell. He'll still be here though I reckon so that means that we must sign a proven goalscorer. What a waste of money he was...

give him to the end of this season mate and then we can really judge him
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am

niall wrote:give him to the end of this season mate and then we can really judge him

I dunno mate, he's never been a goalscorer and he has proved here that he never will be. Just some of the misses were absolutely unbelievable. The thing that pisses me off most though is the fact that he always wants to go wide, that's no his job and it annoys me when he does it. I'm sick of having 'strikers' in the squad that rarely score and would rather play on the wing, e.g. Samantha and MAF.

Thing is, that is not what we needed last Summer, everybody could see that. Signing someone like him when it was clear we needed a goalscorer defies belief.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

Ryan67 wrote:
niall wrote:give him to the end of this season mate and then we can really judge him

I dunno mate, he's never been a goalscorer and he has proved here that he never will be. Just some of the misses were absolutely unbelievable. The thing that pisses me off most though is the fact that he always wants to go wide, that's no his job and it annoys me when he does it. I'm sick of having 'strikers' in the squad that rarely score and would rather play on the wing, e.g. Samantha and MAF.

Thing is, that is not what we needed last Summer, everybody could see that. Signing someone like him when it was clear we needed a goalscorer defies belief.

i know what you mean, im just hoping a bit of the lenny treatment will make him realise he is a striker not a fucking winger
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next