Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derry Bloody Sunday memorial damaged

5 posters

Go down

Derry Bloody Sunday memorial damaged Empty Derry Bloody Sunday memorial damaged

Post  Ghod Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 am

Bloody Sunday memorial in Derry has been vandalised. The top of the sculpture at the Gasyard in the Bogside was knocked off over the weekend.

Last week, Lord Mark Saville published a report which found the 14 people shot dead by Paratroopers in 1972 innocent.

SDLP MLA Pat Bradley condemned those responsible for the damage.

“This is in the heart of the Bogside and I don’t know if it was someone with a few drinks in them but it would appear the damage was caused by people from the area so people will be outraged,” he said.

“It is very insensitive to the families at this time.”

Paratroopers from the battalion involved in Bloody Sunday have claimed the Saville inquiry was “fundamentally flawed”.

In an open letter handed to the Daily Telegraph on behalf of 35 members of 1st Bn The Parachute Regiment said: “We believe the inquiry as convened was fundamentally flawed and its conclusions based upon a subjective interpretation of only some of the evidence adduced before it.”

The letter also attacked Northern Ireland’s Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness, saying: “A more untruthful and unreliable witness would be hard to find.”
Ghod
Ghod

Back to top Go down

Derry Bloody Sunday memorial damaged Empty Re: Derry Bloody Sunday memorial damaged

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Gregory Campbell is a piece of shit. scummy, brainwashed bastard.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Derry Bloody Sunday memorial damaged Empty Re: Derry Bloody Sunday memorial damaged

Post  niall Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:52 am

scum who did this. And as for the letter, who cares what them murdering fucks say or think
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:50 am

its actually hard to believe someone did this. i'm not even sure it was people from the Fountain, it could well be people from our side. lets hope they get dealt with.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:32 am

clagan wrote:its actually hard to believe someone did this. i'm not even sure it was people from the Fountain, it could well be people from our side. lets hope they get dealt with.

if it was the question why would have to be asked. And yes, hopefully they are dealt with
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:18 am

niall wrote:
clagan wrote:its actually hard to believe someone did this. i'm not even sure it was people from the Fountain, it could well be people from our side. lets hope they get dealt with.

if it was the question why would have to be asked. And yes, hopefully they are dealt with

because they're pissed up scumbags. this shit always happens during the summer holidays, but vandalising a bloody sunday memorial is unreal. i'd like to think even the most bitter hun couldn"t do it.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  GalwayBhoy Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 am

It was probably some druggie scumbag, but I won't rule out the dirty trick squad.
GalwayBhoy
GalwayBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:28 am

clagan wrote:
niall wrote:

because they're pissed up scumbags. this shit always happens during the summer holidays, but vandalising a bloody sunday memorial is unreal. i'd like to think even the most bitter hun couldn"t do it.

would it really surprise you if they did though?
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 am

the hatred and bitterness of huns knows no limits Niall so no it wouldn't be a surprise. its hard to believe someone did this, sickening.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:04 am

clagan wrote:the hatred and bitterness of huns knows no limits Niall so no it wouldn't be a surprise. its hard to believe someone did this, sickening.

aye. Sometimes a punishment shooting is fully justified
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  RK Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:48 am

I can’t see it being someone from our side.

As Clagan said, it was probably some rotten Hun from the Fountain.

RK
RK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down