Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you sell Aiden Mcgeady?

+5
CE
ElPaso
niall
clagan
Green2thecore
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would you sell Aiden Mcgeady? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you sell Aiden Mcgeady?

Post  Ryan67 Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Mark Guidi is a hun fanny who knows fuck all about our club and he certainly would not know if Aiden has been 'soul searching'. I actually reckon Aiden will leave but Guidi's 'exclusive' does not add any credence to this, no quotes or fuck all from him as per usual.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Ryan67 "the voice of reason". no doubt mate, i've always thought why does no one pull these "journalists" up about their exclusives and quotes, utter garbage and its a disgrace they can hide behind "sources" and "insiders".

who replaces Aiden if he goes bhoys?
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghod Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 pm

clagan wrote:Ryan67 "the voice of reason". no doubt mate, i've always thought why does no one pull these "journalists" up about their exclusives and quotes, utter garbage and its a disgrace they can hide behind "sources" and "insiders".

Liam Lawrence
Ghod
Ghod

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:45 am

Ghod wrote:
clagan wrote:Ryan67 "the voice of reason". no doubt mate, i've always thought why does no one pull these "journalists" up about their exclusives and quotes, utter garbage and its a disgrace they can hide behind "sources" and "insiders".

Liam Lawrence

is he as good? Couldnt be ant less consistent anyway
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 am

i like Lawrence and i hope we sign him but i'd like him on the right and Mcgeady on the left. Lawence cant beat players like Aiden does. he doesn't have the pace or skill. he's a wide midfielder rather than a winger.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:06 am

clagan wrote:i like Lawrence and i hope we sign him but i'd like him on the right and Mcgeady on the left. Lawence cant beat players like Aiden does. he doesn't have the pace or skill. he's a wide midfielder rather than a winger.

Aye Lawrence seems to be more of a wide midfielder but that's not all bad, after all Thommo was not a winger as such but he has made more of an impact at Celtic than McGeady will ever make imo. I wouldn't really mind us playing two mide midfielders tbh as it would make us more solid and give a better balance. Get a creative midfielder in there and bobs yer uncle!
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  GalwayBhoy Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:11 am

Ryan67 wrote:
clagan wrote:i like Lawrence and i hope we sign him but i'd like him on the right and Mcgeady on the left. Lawence cant beat players like Aiden does. he doesn't have the pace or skill. he's a wide midfielder rather than a winger.

Aye Lawrence seems to be more of a wide midfielder but that's not all bad, after all Thommo was not a winger as such but he has made more of an impact at Celtic than McGeady will ever make imo. I wouldn't really mind us playing two mide midfielders tbh as it would make us more solid and give a better balance. Get a creative midfielder in there and bobs yer uncle!

I dunno Ryan, I like the idea of a Thommo type on one wing and a more direct type winger on the other side. Gives us something different. Best example of this is Giggs/Beckham at Man Yoo.
GalwayBhoy
GalwayBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:47 am

GalwayBhoy wrote:I dunno Ryan, I like the idea of a Thommo type on one wing and a more direct type winger on the other side. Gives us something different. Best example of this is Giggs/Beckham at Man Yoo.

I wouldn't be opposed to that either GB, as long as we are not playing two wingers in the team then I'm happy as it led to us being totally over-run in the midfield by the likes of Falkirk ffs.

A lot of it depends on what formation we are gonna play I suppose.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  GalwayBhoy Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:56 am

Ryan67 wrote:
GalwayBhoy wrote:I dunno Ryan, I like the idea of a Thommo type on one wing and a more direct type winger on the other side. Gives us something different. Best example of this is Giggs/Beckham at Man Yoo.

I wouldn't be opposed to that either GB, as long as we are not playing two wingers in the team then I'm happy as it led to us being totally over-run in the midfield by the likes of Falkirk ffs.

A proper 4-4-2 would do fine, cos Lawrence knows how to get back and defend.
GalwayBhoy
GalwayBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:03 am

GalwayBhoy wrote:
Ryan67 wrote:

Aye that's what I'm saying 'cause Lawrence would add balance to the midfield. We actually looked not too bad with the 4-4-2 when Robson was played. And then Mogga decided to sell him...
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 am

Ryan67 wrote:
GalwayBhoy wrote:
Ryan67 wrote:

Aye that's what I'm saying 'cause Lawrence would add balance to the midfield. We actually looked not too bad with the 4-4-2 when Robson was played. And then Mogga decided to sell him...

i really wonder what in blazes he was thinking sometimes
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:16 pm

i'm not slating Lawrence for being a RM. i think we need that instead of 2 wingers.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:56 pm

5 million is what we should accept according to Murdo McLeod. That guy is just an utter fanny these days.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Ryan67 wrote:5 million is what we should accept according to Murdo McLeod. That guy is just an utter fanny these days.

most ex Celts who write for red top rags are mate. i dont know if they have an anti celtic agenda or are just looking to get people reading thwir columns. either way they're full of shiiiiiiiite.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:48 am

Ryan67 wrote:5 million is what we should accept according to Murdo McLeod. That guy is just an utter fanny these days.

he can go take a running jump
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:55 am

the facts are Lenny has said it will take a ridiculous offer before we sell, we've turned down a bid of 8.3mill and Aiden hasn't said he wants to leave. everything else is just speculation.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:28 am

clagan wrote:the facts are Lenny has said it will take a ridiculous offer before we sell, we've turned down a bid of 8.3mill and Aiden hasn't said he wants to leave. everything else is just speculation.

aye, none of the stories have got any actual quotes have they?
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:21 am

niall wrote:
clagan wrote:the facts are Lenny has said it will take a ridiculous offer before we sell, we've turned down a bid of 8.3mill and Aiden hasn't said he wants to leave. everything else is just speculation.

nope but never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:35 am

niall wrote:

That's what the Scottish media excel in Niall, making up stories with only their 'sources' as proof. These 'sources' never supply quotes though mysteriously...
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:23 am

Ryan67 wrote:
niall wrote:

That's what the Scottish media excel in Niall, making up stories with only their 'sources' as proof. These 'sources' never supply quotes though mysteriously...

i should really stop bothering with them
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:39 am

From the Daily record and their infamous 'sources', there is quotes at least...

But a St Andrews source told us: "Kevin has been on fire recently and has grown to accept being used as an impact player from the bench.

"The manager doesn't feel Boyd would be as willing to be used so sparingly and also feels, at his age, he needs to be playing regularly.

"For those reasons, the Boyd deal does not make as much sense to the club now as it once did.

"As for McGeady, Alex remains an admirer but not at the price Celtic are looking for .

"If they can get £10m for him then good luck to them. But it won't be from City.

"If the price comes down to £6m - and if Alex hasn't signed himself a winger in the meantime - then perhaps it could be resurrected.

"But right now there is no real prospect of McGeady or Boyd moving to Birmingham City."
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:29 am

i hear Birmingham are after Babel who i think is massively over rated. £6mill for Aiden? they must have been reading Murdo's column. i hop pe we do price Aiden out of a move, i dont want him going anywhere.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:57 am

Good article here from Big Bad John.

John Hartson last night claimed Aiden McGeady’s career had gone backwards and he had yet to realise the potential of his first seasons at Celtic.

On his current form the club might decide to cash in and accept around £9m, said Hartson, but McGeady would have to improve to hold down a place with a team in the English Premier League.

Hartson was at West Ham when Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole broke through and yesterday he claimed that McGeady, when he was 18, had been as good as them at Celtic. But the Welshman’s high hopes for McGeady have dwindled over the past two seasons as the winger’s form has stagnated. Celtic recently turned down an £8.3m bid from Spartak Moscow, but Hartson said the club may consider letting him go because his play had not moved on to the next level.

“It’s not a criticism of Aiden, I just feel we all expected him to make that step up. Everyone knows what a great talent he is. I just don’t think he’s gone on to the next level yet. I still think he does things where you think, ‘In the last three or four years, Aiden, you should have learned.’

“We all expected his performances to be going through the roof. Celtic should be getting £15m offers for him now. But they’re not. People are chancing Celtic’s arm with £8m. He is a wonderful talent but he hasn’t quite gone yet from being a boy to a man.

“He should be able to shine. Top players who come to the SPL shine, they stand out. If you are a top player you stand out at this level. But we’re not saying the SPL is too easy for Aiden, we’re actually saying he’s struggling a little bit with his form. On his day he could handle the Premiership. But not on this form.

“If Neil is thinking the the same way as me, and that Aiden hasn’t taken his game on to the next level, they may cash in.”

Hartson was a first team regular when McGeady emerged in 2004. “Aiden was as good as any kid I’d seen. He reminded me of when I was at West Ham and Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole used to come over from the youth team whenever we were short of numbers on a Friday. They were as good as any of the first team at 17, 18. Aiden was the same. He was tremendous. There was nothing he couldn’t do.

“But as you get older we’ve all seen Aiden and teams have learned to play against him, they’ve doubled up on him. The opposition’s right-sided midfielder will come across to help their right-back and Aiden will try to take them both on, whereas if he got his head up he could pop it off and take two players out of the game. How many crosses does he get in in a game? One or two. How many did Alan Thompson used to get in? Ten or 12?

“I believe in him. I think he’s a great player. But he hasn’t moved on. Three or four years ago he was the most exciting player on the pitch.”

* Hartson, 35, who is 10 months into remission after cancer treatment, was speaking at the opening of a new Cheque Centre branch in Coatbridge.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:12 am

the articles way too nostalgic and defeatest.

thommo used to get in 10/12 crosses a game? no he didn't.

the reason Aiden doesn't pass as much as he should is because he's playing with FUD's. everytime one of our team gets the ball they look to get it to Aiden, they should grow a set and try and do something with the ball themselves.

Aiden hasn't progressed as much as he should have so sell him? no chance, get him working on his flaws in training. he's our best player, why punt him?
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 am

clagan wrote:the articles way too nostalgic and defeatest.

thommo used to get in 10/12 crosses a game? no he didn't.

the reason Aiden doesn't pass as much as he should is because he's playing with FUD's. everytime one of our team gets the ball they look to get it to Aiden, they should grow a set and try and do something with the ball themselves.

Aiden hasn't progressed as much as he should have so sell him? no chance, get him working on his flaws in training. he's our best player, why punt him?

Aye he may be playing with fuds mate but there are many times during a game when he should play a pass instead of trying to take on 2 or 3 players. I agree that the players should look to do something themselves though instead of taking the easy option and playing it to Aiden all the time.

I'm with Hartson here in that Aiden has totally stagnated here, I thought last season was the season that he would finally find some consistency but that didn't happen. I would say 'Next year will be his year' but I've been saying that for the past 3 years now...

I would love to see Aiden finally realise his potential here but I just cannae see it happening now. The fees being spoke about for him would let us totally rebuild the squad, that's why I think we should sell.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum