Until The Last Rebel!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you sell Aiden Mcgeady?

+5
CE
ElPaso
niall
clagan
Green2thecore
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Would you sell Aiden Mcgeady? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you sell Aiden Mcgeady?

Post  clagan Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:43 am

Aiden's stagnated as the standard of players he's playing with has decreased almost every season since he's made his debut. unless you're Maradona one man doesn't make a team. i feel sorry for him. the amount of stick he gets is hard to believe.

i'd rather build a team round him than punt him to build a new team. the only way i'd want him to leave is for a swap for Keane.

he does seem to be in a mindset of always beating players himself, thats easily fixed, sign some good players and he wont have to.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan67 Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:08 am

clagan wrote:Aiden's stagnated as the standard of players he's playing with has decreased almost every season since he's made his debut. unless you're Maradona one man doesn't make a team. i feel sorry for him. the amount of stick he gets is hard to believe.

i'd rather build a team round him than punt him to build a new team. the only way i'd want him to leave is for a swap for Keane.

he does seem to be in a mindset of always beating players himself, thats easily fixed, sign some good players and he wont have to.

That's the thing though, will we have the finances to sign the good players we need, without selling Aiden. The only reason I mention Aiden here is because he is the only one who can bring in a multi-million pound transfer fee if sold which would allow us to rebuild. If we could do that without selling Aiden then I would be delighted but I'm no sure the board would do that.
Ryan67
Ryan67

Back to top Go down

Post  niall Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:58 am

im still in two minds about this. Do we sell him to get the money we need or keep him and build a team round him? Is he even responsible enough to do the latter?
niall
niall

Back to top Go down

Post  CE Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:59 am

If he wants to go then flog him, don't want anyone here who doesn't want to wear the hoops!
CE
CE
Admin

https://utlr.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  clagan Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:29 am

has he actually said he wants to leave?

i'd rather generate money by flogging some deadwood rather than selling our biggest asset. its amassive step backwards imo.
clagan
clagan

Back to top Go down

Post  Green2thecore Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:17 pm

clagan wrote:has he actually said he wants to leave?

i'd rather generate money by flogging some deadwood rather than selling our biggest asset. its amassive step backwards imo.

I get you here mate, but I disagree.

I want to shift the dead wood as well but I doubt that would raise more than £5 or 6 million. Selling Aiden, as well as the deadwood, would raise £15 million. This allows for Lawell to snatch some back, to pay off the debt, and gives Lenny about £10 million.

If we were not so desperate for cash then I'd keep him but I don't really see him as a player who is integral to a successful Celtic side, so I'm not too disappointed to lose him either. I had so much hope for him but I just see him as a luxury player now. We need guys who are ready to go to the trenches and take our league title back from the monkey mob.
Green2thecore
Green2thecore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum